RS 660 Limited Edition
1500 units to celebrate a stunning triumph
The RS 660 celebrates its first significant competitive milestone with a special edition featuring a Stars and Stripes livery, enlarged top fairing, single-seat tail fairing and reverse quick shift gears. The result is a very special memento of all the victories in the 2021 Twins Cup, the prestigious American championship for midweight twin-cylinder motorcycles and considered the leading motorbike series in the States.
The RS 660's clear-cut styling matches definitive performance
Aprilia RS 660 is immediately recognisable and rewrites the rule book for dynamic, modern sports bikes. Fundamentally innovate, purposeful and sophisticated, the new gem from Aprilia is endowed with a triple headlight and lines that speak the language of Aprilia sports bikes that have come before it – bikes which have made history while consistently winning over owners, racers and testers across the world...
APRILIA RS 660 SHOWS EARLY PROMISE
When they got off the bike, the two journalists asked the same question: "When could I come back for another ride?".
And you, how much do you want to get on an Aprilia RS 660?
6 REASONS YOU CAN'T HELP BUT WANT IT
Let RS 660 look you in the eye and tell you why you can't do without it.
There are motorcycles that want to be followed, revered and pampered, others that look you straight in the eye and tell you exactly why you just can’t do without them. As far as reasons go, you can be sure that RS knows at least 660. For now, just settle for 6.
Originally developed for use in racing then fine-tuned for the road, the APRC system is an advanced electronic control solution. It is a total package designed to ensure safety on roads and improved performance on the track.
The RS 660 boasts the latest APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) package of electronic controls. This advanced inertial six-axis navigation system uses internal gyroscopes and acceleration sensors to understand the engine’s status as it relates to the road in real time and provide instant adjustments to help improve performance and safety.
An evolution of a system that was designed for highest-level racing, the RS 660’s APRC package includes:
- ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable traction control based on precise, high-performance operating logic.
- AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control
- ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control which maintains your set speed without touching the throttle.
- AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, an electronic gear system that enables extremely fast gear shifts without closing the throttle or using the clutch. It also includes a downshift function for changing down without touching the clutch. Also available as an optional extra is a software that enables you to implement a reverse shift pattern without having to substitute any parts.
- AEB: Aprilia Engine Brake, for controlling engine braking when closing the throttle down.
- AEM: Aprilia Engine Map, with a range of different maps that vary engine power output and character.
- ABS: with cornering functionality and 3 adjustable levels
A WIDE RANGE OF ACCESSORIES
The RS 660 is designed to accommodate a host of accessories that not only improve performance, style and comfort but also allow riders to express their own personality.
- Aprilia “for race use only” complete exhaust by Akrapovič: a complete exhaust system with a carbon terminal, designed exclusively for use on the track and as such is not certified for road use. Extremely lightweight, it optimises the bike’s sound and the twin-cylinder’s performance so that riders can push their RS 660 to the max. The kit contains an engine control unit programmed with its own maps and software that enables quick shift to be used in a reverse shift pattern (this is also available separately).
- Aprilia certified Akrapovič complete exhaust: a complete system of road-certified headers that enhance the bike’s performance, sound and look.
- Reverse shift modification software: allowing you to use Quick shift in a reverse pattern simply by loading a piece of software instead of having to replace any parts.
- Clutch and brake lever: made from billet aluminium, these are adjustable and add yet another sporty element to the bike's look.
- Wheel stickers: to apply to the channel spokes for an even more aggressive look